Sunday, February 1, 2015

Text Art

For this project, I did my research using Pinterest under a board named "Text Art". I discovered a lot of different types of art that had text incorporated into it. From shading using different size text to create an image to using everyday materials to create a word. There were a lot of techniques that I have never seen before.  
For my first challenge, I created a cross using bible verses to create the shape. 
It was tricky to get all the words to fit perfectly straight, but once I added shading, it blends the line more. 
For my second challenge, I created my name out of colored pencils. 
I haven't officially started my final project, but it's in the works. I have somewhat of a plan. I am pretty sure I will do "quilling" which is where you roll paper and make designs out of it, with which I was going to use to form a word.
These are my ideas/sketches, I am still unsure of what word, or symbol, I want to create, but I am very close to starting my final project.




No comments:

Post a Comment