Sunday, February 15, 2015

02/15/2014

I am still in the works of completing
my text art project. I decided to do quilling, which uses rolled up paper to make a design. It takes a lot more time than I thought it would to roll each one and glue it, but I am almost done. 
I decided to do a Chinese word because I love how artsy simple words can look. I decided to do the first letter in warm colors because I had only rolled up those colors and I wanted to get started on my project. But I think the warm and cool colors adds character to the artwork.  So far, it has come out very nice and I am very pleased with how it looks. I don't think I would've done anything different. 

Once I complete this unit, I'm thinking about either doing an acrylic project or a print making project. So in the next to weeks I will be completing one of those two units. 









1 comment:

  1. I really like the way this is coming out. Not only do the warm and cool colors add to the work, the organic shapes of the rolled paper contrast against the geometric shapes of the symbols

    ReplyDelete