Thursday, March 21, 2013

Stencil Project

     I really enjoyed doing this project.  I found that using the spray paint was very fun, and watching how a normal picture could turn into a big picture spray painted on to cardboard.  Some things that I learned are that when you cut out the stencil, you cut out what you need to spray paint.  One thing I had trouble on was spray painting over things I had already cut spray painted.  But I just spray painted back over those areas.  For this project, I had to get an expressive photo, so I decided to take a picture of my little brother.  Then we used a program on the computer where we could change the colors to simple colors.  I decided on black, blue, and white because they are boy-ish colors so I can give my stencil to my brother.  Then I projected it and traced it onto large poster paper.  Then I cut it out and put it on my cardboard.  Then I spray painted it.  I think my stencil was successful.  It looks like the original picture and all the elements that I wanted to show are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment