Monday, June 1, 2015

May Snapshot

I completed the mother's day project I was working on.  The pot is newspaper with brown watercolor, the flowers are acrylic paint (even though it looks like oil pastel, its the way the paint appears on the canvas material) and then I took thread and I sewed the stems to give the piece texture (but I mostly did it because I thought it would look cool).
This month, I started making greeting cards.  Again with watercolor, I incorporated the doodles I did into playful cards. 



Also, this month, I completed my artist's inspired artwork.  After going to the art museums on the DC trip, I was really intrigued with Monet and his unique art style.  After looking at a whole bunch of paintings, I decided to do a twist of "San Giorgio Maggiore by Twilight". The image on the left is Monet and my painting is on the right.





No comments:

Post a Comment